Puanga me Matariki (Book 28)
This book is about the star Puanga and the star cluster Matariki, which work together to herald the Māori New Year for different iwi. We are sure it will be a welcome addition to the books available for this year’s special Matariki celebration in June - with the first Matariki public holiday on June 24.
- Repetitive sentence structure: “E ai ki…” (According to...)
- Information about why some iwi look to Puanga as a sign of the new year
- Star map for Matariki, Puanga and the stars around them in the night sky
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a beautiful song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Guitar chords
- Music also available for download on SOUNDCLOUD
ISBN: 9781991158215 Paperback